Are you interested in working as a housekeeper, maid or, cleaning staff in Canada? If yes, then this job posting is for you. We have searched and listed some of the best and high paying housekeeping jobs in Canada in this post.
You might have come across some hiring agencies that advertise to give you housekeeping jobs in Canada, but they charge huge fees. Not all of us can afford that cost. So, we have collected the trustworthy jobs in Canada under one post and you can directly apply to the employer from the provided link.
If you are looking for other jobs in Canada, please browse our website we have listed different jobs in Canada. And most importantly, you can use out service for free.
Whether you are planning to work fulltime, part-time, or during weekend only- we have all the housekeeping jobs in Canada. If you wish to work in a resident, commercial buildings, workspace, or apartments we have all the latest jobs in Canada in our website.
So without further ado, let’s dive into it.
Do I need work permit to work housekeeping jobs in Canada 2022?
Yes, you will need a visa to enter Canada and work as housekeeper. Not only for housekeeping jobs, you will need a visa and work permit do do any jobs in Canada.
So, if you are willing to apply and work housekeeping jobs in Canada, you need to immigrate to Canada using Canada Express Entry Visa or Working Holiday Visa in Canada.
INTERESTED TO WORK NURSING JOBS IN CANADA? CLICK HERE TO APPLY
How much can I earn working housekeeping jobs in Canada?
This is a comprehensive post to inform you about all the details of housekeeping jobs in Canada. According to the survey done last year, average salary of housekeeping jobs is $36,000 per year in Canada. If you are working in hourly basis, it is $18 per hour.
But this salary is not fixed. It highly depends on your experience. If you are entry level housekeeping worker then you will make around $25,000 per year but you have remarkable experience of the field then you can earn more than $50,000.
What are the duties of housekeeping jobs?
- Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen, bathroom, sinks, floor, etc.
- Dusting, wiping and polishing furnitures and other equipments
- Cleaning rooms, changing sheets and making beds
- Ironing the clothes
- Vaccum cleaning the rugs, carpets and other required furnishing materials
- Sorting, cleaning and drying the laundry
- Keeping the bathroom and kitchen stocked
- Cleaning and managing the blinds and curtains
- Taking care of gardens and plants
- Monitoring the availability of cleaning materials and keeping the stock
- Taking care of cleaning equipments, washing tools
- Cleaning the glass surface and mirrors carefully
- Sorting garbage and disposing the garbage
- Reporting to the supervisor or concerned person if repairs and/or replacement of any material or equipment is required
What are the most commonly available housekeepking jobs in Canada?
As listed above there are varities of works housekeeping workers are expected to do. But they don’t have to do all of them all the time. Different housekeeping jobs require their worker to do different works.
Here are some of the most common housekeeping jobs in demand:
- Kitchen Cleaning
- Bathroom Cleaning
- General Room Cleaning
- Changing Bed Sheets
- Floor Cleaning
- Vaccum Cleaning
- Glass Cleaning
- Window Cleaning
- Pet Clean-up
- Basement Cleaning
- House sitting
- Taking out trash
- Refrigerator Cleaning
- Washing Dishes
You might have to do some or more jobs like this if you are planning to apply for housekeeping jobs in Canada for foreigners.
What are the skills required to do apply for housekeeping jobs in Canada?
If you are interested to work in housekeeping, you need to meet certain criteria as follow:
- Must be at least 21 years or older
- At least high school diploma
- GED Certificate
- Understanding and speaking English
- Previous experience of housekeeping or, cleaning
- Working knowledge of cleaning appliances
- Basic maintainance idea of cleaning appliances
- Customer service experience is preferred but not required
- Strength to pull, push and lift medium weight (25-30 Kilogram)
- Flexible working hours (housekeeping jobs are available more during the weekends)
- Ability to work independently without or with little supervision
- Multi-tasking ability
List of latest housekeeping jobs in Canada 2022
|JOB TITLE||EMPLOYER||SALARY||APPLY LINK|
|Housekeeping Supervisor||Island Health||$25.83 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeping Attendant||Johanco Inc.||$15 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeping Room Attendant||Quality Hotel & Suites||$15 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeper||Silver Star Club Resort||$17.50–$20 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Entry Housekeeping||Vail Resorts||$17.20 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeping Aide||Compass Group||$15.74 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Lead Hand Housekeeper||Island Health||$24.61 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeping Aide||Harmanjot Singh Sodhi||$16 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeping Supervisor||Howard Johnson Hotel & Suites Victoria||$25.50 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Attendant (Operating Room)||Covenant Health Alberta||$20.55 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Housekeeper||Vail Resorts||$18 an hour||CLICK HERE|
|Domestic Housekeeper||TCC healthcare services Inc.||$16 an hour||CLICK HERE|
How to be better at housekeeping jobs?
Like every other jobs, housekeeping jobs is also challenging. It may not require highly skilled manpower but it is, without question, a demanding jobs.
According to Canadian Center for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), poor housekeeping may lead up to unpleasant incidents so keeping free articles away from walkaways, attending to the safety of hanging items, etc. is required to minimize the workplace accidents.
Housekeeping jobs in Canada also requires you to incorporate housekeeping obligations like your personal cleanliness and hygeine, properly disposing wastes, appropriate cleanup as designated.